Last Updated: June 7, 2018
Welcome, and thanks for your interest in Atma Connect (“Atma Connect”, “we,” or “us”) and our related web sites (collectively, the “Sites”).
This Policy describes the information that we gather from you on the Sites, how we use and disclose such information, and the steps we take to protect such information. By using the Sites, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy.
User-provided Information. When you use the Sites, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable” information, or “personal information,” which is information that specifically identifies an individual. You may provide us with personal information in various ways on the Sites. For example, you provide us with personal information when you send us customer service-related requests. Examples of personal information include:
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
- Mobile Phone Number
- Credit Card
- Other Billing Information
- Personal Information that Identifies an Individual, such as date of birth, geographic area, and preferences
“Cookies” Information. When you use the Sites, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Sites. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Sites, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Sites to their fullest potential.
“Automatically Collected” Information. When you use the Sites, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Sites, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Sites, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Sites. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users.
Third Party Web Beacons and Third Party Buttons. We may also implement third-party content or advertising on the Sites that may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third-party content on the Sites. Additionally, we may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow third parties to collect information about you through such third parties’ browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, and Atma Connect does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the Sites, such as our partners and advertisers. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Sites, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
We use information we collect on the Sites in a variety of ways in providing the Sites and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect on the Sites to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Sites, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users.
- We use the information that we collect on the Sites to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Sites, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. Data is automatically deleted 14 months after the date of collection, to prevent storing information that we no longer use. Where possible, personal data generated into web page or tracking urls are displayed as a pseudonymous token to protect your information from being collected by external marketing tools. Google provides some additional privacy options described at google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect on the Sites (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or (ii) to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information we collect on the Sites to: (i) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Sites; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Sites and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Sites.
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Sites to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Sites will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Sites.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Sites and any facilities or equipment used to make the Sites available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
Access, change, or decline to share your information
You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Sites. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, you may contact us at https://atmaconnect.org/get-in-touch/.
Reasonable Retention of Information
Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
Unsubscribe from Email Newsletters
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to https://atmaconnect.org/get-in-touch/ or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy.
Processing Time for Requests
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Sites.
The Sites may contain features or links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Sites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Sites, and where relevant, we have signed Data Processing Agreements with third party service providers to document this understanding. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Sites is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Sites at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Sites from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has accessed the Sites, then you may alert us at https://atmaconnect.org/get-in-touch/ and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards in an effort to protect the integrity and security of personal information that we collect and maintain. However, we are not an IT security company and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Sites, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. In the event of a data breach, we will attempt to contact and inform those affected, by email and through a notification on the site.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Sites. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Sites is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Sites. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Sites will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
The Sites is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Sites from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Sites. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Sites, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Sites, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Sites for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Sites after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.